Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I'm GoNnA ShOw You I'm AlRiGhT, I'm JuSt FiNe..


What more could we want out of life, than a sense of peace and happiness?

I’m beginning to learn that happiness is just one of those things that comes and goes, like the tides of samsara, forever changing, never remaining the same. Something that triggers the experience today may no longer trigger it tomorrow.

Peace of mind however, is one of those things that I think we just over-look all too often. As we search, and crave, and chase desperately for ‘happiness’, ‘peace of mind’ seems to just slip us by.

Here I find peace of mind. Away from the chasing of happiness and selfish desires, peace of mind is in living a life of purity. Peace of mind is not over-indulging and chasing what we believe we don’t have. Peace of mind is what’s left when all of that is removed.

Here, it doesn’t matter if I get mad at somebody. Tomorrow I’ll be in a different town, with a whole lot of new, unsuspecting people to yell at. Here it doesn’t matter if I’m not full of beans and loving life every moment of the day. Here it doesn’t matter if I’m not the best friend in the world all the time, or the hardest worker, or the most popular person, the funnest person, the funniest person, or any of these qualities we wished we had.

In fact, here, it doesn’t even matter what anybody thinks about me.

So unworthy of everything. Turn them into a vessel for her. Sounds like a best seller to me. I don’t care if I have to give it away. This story need to be told. I look at myself from how I used to be and how I am and I amaze myself at times. That’s just real there have been so many situations where I would have never allowed things to just play out. There are times that it would be nothing for me to act a fool and hurt other people’s feeling.

No comments: